Monday, January 23, 2012

I've called this a "journey"

Ok, so I called my blog a "journey"......and a journey it is, in some ways I hadn't really thought about. I've read some books by Luci Swindoll and marvel about how she talks about "and it came to pass..." stories in the Bible. It's really true, you know. Things "come to pass". Things don't really just happen and stay....they come....and they go. Both the good and the bad things in life come AND go. Good things happen and we enjoy those moments in life like births and weddings. We enjoy and treasure those moments, then life moves on. What kind of car we drive or what shoes we wear are just passing circumstances.....not really significant. Then bad things happen, and we pause, grieve and then that moment passes. We are forever altered by both the good and bad things, but ultimately, even the bad things do pass - eventually.

So, about the journey - people come....and sometimes people go. People are all on their own journey.....sometimes from this life into the next.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are a part of my life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - love you Louanne. My very sweet friend just lost her husband to liver cancer, and another friend was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. such sadness...

      Delete