Saturday, May 22, 2010

May 22, 2010. Today would have been my Dad's 71st birthday. In so many ways, losing him was a life altering event that fundamentally transformed me. Life is too short to hang onto anger and carry a grudge. Let it go. Life is too short to skip even one hug or one kiss. You never know when it will be your last. Life is too short to concern yourself with material posessions. Items come and go. People are forever. Work hard and try to take time to play a little. It's the simple joys we share that bring us the closest. Pancakes for breakfast, washing a car, a good movie; just simple things. Listen to others; it's amazing what you can learn. When you leave this world, two things you leave behind really matter: the love you have given others and the children you pass this world on to. We're all eternal beings on our journey through this life to eternity, here to help each other out the best we can, our lives an example of the love of Jesus Christ. Happy Birthday, Dad. To say I miss you would be an understatement.

2 comments:

  1. I miss my dad. I haven't heard from him in awhile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Kim. I am so blessed to have you as a park of my life. So excited that we are going to spend another summer vacation together in just 2 months.

    ReplyDelete